Build a Newton’s cradle and explore Sir Isaac Newton’s Three Laws of Motion. Then, create your own unique Newton’s cradle inspired by what you’ve learned
- Assemble a Newton’s cradle from kit components.
- Study the concepts of energy, momentum, inertia, conservation of momentum, conservation of energy, and transfer of energy.
- Learn to play the almost forgotten game of marbles to demonstrate many of these concepts.
- Learn the importance and physics of ball alignment in the performance of their cradle.
- Use the cradle to experiment with and to demonstrate concepts and laws of motion.
- Design and make your own unique cradle using the Invent2Make Makerspace.
- For grades 5th to 8th.
- Approximately 8 to 10 contact hours.
Individually packaged kit has all parts and materials to design and build the Newton’s Cradle and conduct experiments. Assembly instructions, project curriculum, video design tutorials and supplemental resources are provided. Includes fabrication and shipping of one design file using the Invent2Make Makerspace.
Click here for your free, seven-day access to instructional materials.
Click here for information regarding educator Professional Development for the Rockin’ Newton’s Cradle project.