STEM-related disciplines, technology aptitudes and 21st century skills are crucial to the success of today’s students and tomorrow’s workforce, and INVENTORcloud is here to help. INVENTORcloud provides a challenging, collaborative, problem-based curriculum aimed to meet the needs of 21st century employers. Students use the emerging and current software and solid modeling applications, rapid prototyping and additive manufacturing equipment and problem solving that helps prepare them for career success.
Business Leaders Say:
“Innovation is essential to business and hiring.”
“Ability to think critically, communicate clearly, and solve complex problems more important than undergraduate major.”
Hart Association, April 2013
“Today’s advanced manufacturing requires technical workforce with math and science skills….increased numeracy, team building, problem-solving”
The Manufacturers’ Institute
“STEM creates critical thinkers, increases science literacy, and enables the next generation of innovators. Innovation leads to new products and processes that sustain our economy. This depends on a solid knowledge base in the STEM areas.”
Francis Eberle, IN TECH Magazine
Help us train the best and brightest of tomorrow by partnering with INVENTORcloud program and empowering educators and students in a world of digital learning and living.
You Can Support Education with INVENTORcloud
- Philanthropy: Donate services, technology, access to manufacturing equipment, in-kind support, or other resources.
- INVENTOR-Protégé: Help students with hands-on learning in a program tailored by you. Students experience the “hard” duties while seeing “soft skills” necessary for success in the workplace.
- Presentations: Speakers have invaluable, real-world knowledge to share. By discussing employer expectations, skill and education requirements, and importance of critical thinking and collaboration, students learn what to expect post-high school.
- Site Visits: On-site visits to business and industry allow students to gain a first-hand look at their future careers.
- Job Shadowing: Take the group site visit to the next level and partner an individual student with an employee for the day
- Internships: Either paid or unpaid, internships give students invaluable experience as they are deciding their future after high school. Internships are structured on the mutual needs of the student and participating organization.